- a submarine - it looked huge from the outside, but was so cramped inside (how surprising)
- a frigate - Marieke loved the industrial-sized kitchen
- the parliament buildings - where we had a very entertaining explanation of Danish politics: "We are all Vikings, you know." Our guide explained why they don't have a senate, "since two chambers are less efficient" and apologized for only having 30% women in parliament.
- ruins beneath the King's palace - lit with small candles everywhere, and narrated in completely-incoherent Danish (for us at least)
- a Swing Dancing performance
- a sculptures museum, with all interior lights off, lit entirely by spotlights from outside
- a "recycled" art exhibit
It was all very interesting, and it seemed like everyone in Denmark comes to Copenhagen for this one night. Click here to see our pictures.